Thursday, December 11, 2014

I've so much enjoyed serving the community in different ways this semester. Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity really made me think a lot about the aftermath of Hurricane Ivan, a time during which my family didn't have our own home for a little while. Thankfully, we were in a situation that enabled us to quickly get back on our feet and into a house that we would one day call home, but being able to help someone else get into a home of their own, and for some their first home, really meant a lot to me.

On a much lighter note, I also had the opportunity to volunteer at KIPP and help out an old sorority sister who is a teacher there! Her first graders provide enough hugs and smiles to brighten anyone's day. I plan on helping out her class regularly next semester and am very much looking forward to spending time with so many precious and bright college-bound scholars.

Community Service Hours Summary:
Habitat for Humanity: 24 Hours
KIPP: 6 Hours
Total: 30 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment